* Do not overindulge in alcohol or use recreational drugs. People should never attempt to self medicate these attacks using any mind altering substance.
* It is important that the individual understands what is causing their panic attacks. One way they can get a clearer picture of what is happening is by keeping a journal where they can record times and what happened prior to the attack – that way they may be able to spot patterns.
* It is best to avoid caffeine.
* The individual should be careful with their diet – this is particular important if they are prone to unstable blood sugars.
* Learn meditation or some other type of relaxation technique.
* Treatments such as cognitive behavioral therapy can be effective at helping people overcome these attacks.
* If people are suffering these symptoms because of alcohol withdrawals they should find that things settle down after a couple of weeks. If the individual remains sober there is no reason why they should ever have to deal with the problem again.
* Certain drugs have proved effective at helping people overcome this problem.
* Increasing self esteem and learning to be more assertive can mean people are less likely to suffer such attacks.
* Those individuals who are dealing with chronic pain should speak to their physician about better ways to manage their pain.
* If people are taking prescribed medication that seems to be triggering these attacks they should speak to their physician. It is usually not a good idea to stop the medication without first speaking to a doctor.
While the result and the continued lack of offense is disappointing for the ., in the grand scheme, this loss may still be an encouraging sign for the future. Gone are the days when Germany and the . would dominate every major tournament; now at least eight teams feel their have a legitimate shot at a trophy. The competition is deeper and tougher, and the USWNT, for their part, is ramping up its preparation and challenges, scheduling as many top teams as possible. Whether they get results now isn’t as relevant as the increased experience in high-level competition, especially for younger players looking to make a future impact.